Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coffee....because its that kind of morning

Coffee, something I thought I would never come to like let alone grow to love. Kind of like Dr. Pepper......I know who doesn't like Dr. Pepper but I must admit that I didn't until I was pregnant with Clayton and then now that is the pop of choice. Back to coffee, it was always the drink my parents and grandparents drank and I thought that I would stick to cappuccino and never be quite "grown up" enough to drink coffee. Reagan and I knew that with my mom coming for two weeks when Clayton was born we would be required to have coffee in the house no questions asked. Her and my dad drink coffee every morning. So we bought the coffee, I brought the coffee maker home from work my last day on the job and we were ready to be in business for it. I must admit that it was going to irritate me to have my coffee maker out on my cabinet for two entire weeks when it did have a place to go. For those of you that know me I am quite OCD at times about everything being in its appropriate spot, and it multiplies in intensity for two weeks post baby:) (lucky Reagan) So the first morning my mom is here I decide to try it again and I had already prepared with buying this Hazlenut creamer I had at Corey Coleman's house Christmas morning that was quite tasty. Needless to say I had coffee three mornings straight before I finally decided that I DID like coffee and that some rearranging on the countertop was in order to make a home for the coffee maker. I will admit that I am still not a pro at making a pot of coffee and I actually only drink it when my amazingly sweet husband puts on a pot before he goes to work. What a nice surprise that is when I am exhausted and walk into the kitchen or wake to the smell of a fresh brewing pot of coffee. I am still a "wimp" and like creamer in my coffee and not just a dab will do but quite a bit:) That however could be changing, we were at the store yesterday and Reagan informed me that we were out of coffee almost and needed to buy more so we decided to venture out from the breakfast blend and try a flavored coffee. The one that sounded the best was the hazelnut flavored one because I immediately thought it would go great with the hazlenut creamer that i like. I knew before I even poured a cup that this new flavored coffee would become a favorite. It smelled so amazing and as I sit here drinking a hot cup it tastes equally so. I wll make a side note and say that if you drink coffee with creamer and have not tried the Cinnabon creamer you are missing out! It is another one that is the bomb dot com so to speak. Coffee may not be the most exciting topic for a post but since I have been utterly exhausted the past two weeks for some reason (my husband keeps asking if I am prego but thats another story) it is what is needed this morning which started at 6:55 am thanks to my precious baby Clayton.

No comments:

Post a Comment